European Silk Road Summit
Building the business case in Europe
We would like to welcome you on the European Silk Road Summit on 26 and 27 November
Majorie van Leijen
Journalist RailFreight.com/responsible for programme
On 26 and 27 November international shippers, logistics providers, operators and silk road professionals will come together at the 3rd edition of the European Silk Road Summit. We welcome international professionals from 18 different countries. Are you ready to meet the field in Venlo and discuss the developments on and diversity of the New Silk Road?
The event takes place in:
The European Silk Road Summit offers all aspects relevant for transport and logistics providers. The following topics are on the agenda:
- Chinese policy
- The Dutch case
- New Silk Road becoming mainstream
- Transit through Russia
- Different modalities
- European hubs
- The role of the ports
- Dangerous goods
Why you should attend the European Silk Road Summit?
- Despite criticism and reluctance in Europe, the possibilities of rail traffic to and from China are still increasing every day.
- There are some serious hurdles facing the European industry, but these have given rise to viable alternatives.
- Multimodal routes are gaining popularity, despite the belief that they are too complicated. In this way, important ports are taking position on the New Silk Road.
- Important changes have taken place this year, such as the opening up of transit through Russia, and the slow down of financial support from the Chinese government. These developments will be discussed in length.
- Taking the train is still not convincing to everyone. Fruitful discussions will be held between stakeholders, researchers and shippers.
- This year we see more Chinese companies and institutions on the programme. This also means more knowledge on Chinese policies.
- Have you always wanted to see where the trains depart to China or beyond? Or wonder through the warehouses stored with traded products? The site visits bring you there. Do not miss it!
Around 250 logistics specialists will attend this conference. You will meet logistics providers, operators, shippers, forwarders, from the Netherlands and other countries involved. You will gain knowledge about the latest developments, understand the routes and connections and know how to take current business opportunities.
The main language of the conference is English.
The latest news about the European Silk Road Summit
European Silk Road Summit programme complete
With the addition of Electrolux, Rail Cargo Group and the port of Zeebrugge the programme of European Silk Road Summit is now complete. At this international two-day event, which takes place from 26 to 27 November in the Dutch hub of Venlo, the latest developments on the New Silk Road are discussed by relevant stakeholders… Read more ›
Railgate Finland in Kouvala thinks big and this is why
While most European countries are gradually preparing the network to handle 740-metre length trains, in Finland it is already possible to enter the country with trains of a 1,100 metre length. Three tracks in both directions are up and running on the Vainikkala/Buslovskaya border crossing, where Finland meets Russia. It is is one of the… Read more ›
New Silk Road mature enough to withstand subsidy reduction?
Now that a reduction of Chinese subsidies for Eurasian rail freight have been more or less announced, the arguments for a standstill, slow down or on the contrary, continued growth on the New Silk Road have been made. While some fear that it will all fall apart from here, others are more optimistic than ever… Read more ›