Nominees for RailFreight Ambassador 2023 announced
– 20 October 2023 –
We are proud to announce the nominees for the RailFreight Ambassador 2023! Four industry professionals with extensive knowledge and experience in rail on the Eurasian corridor received the confidence of the industry. It is time to vote now!
The nominees of the RailFreight Ambassador Award of 2023 are:
- Juergen Huschka – Member of the Group-Management & Executive Director Eurasia, InterRail Holding AG
- Martin Koubek – Head of Silk Road, METRANS
- Miłosz Witkowski – Rail Freight Director, Polish Forwarding Company
- Monika Olejniczak – Director Sales, DB Cargo Eurasia GmbH
The RailFreight Ambassador awards
It is the second time that an ambassador for the industry is awarded with the title during the European Silk Road Summit, a yearly event which takes place in Budapest this year from 29 November till 1 December. Last year, the award was handed out to Thomas Kowitzki, VP and Global Head of China Rail at DHL Global Forwarding after the industry voted in his favour at the European Silk Road Summit in Duisburg.
Kowitzki will be present at the 7th edition in Budapest to handover the award to the next ambassador and explain what he has done this year to honour his title. The next ambassador will go home with the task to prove worth to the title, which he or she lends to the fact that he is a well-known bridge-builder with a proven track record within the Eurasian corridor. This person must have done something that impacted the industry at large.
Who are the nominees?
Given that the industry has elected the nominees they are probably no strangers. But to introduce them properly, here are a few words about each of these Silk Road residents.
Juergen Huschka has over 20 years of experience within the railway industry. Currently, he is responsible for Europe, China & Türkiye within the InterRail Group – focusing on multimodal solutions along the Eurasian corridor.
Martin Koubek has over 20 years of experience as a logistics professional. He has been an air and sea managing director for offices in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Germany. Later, he was the manager and cluster director of a shipping line for the region of Central and Eastern Europe. Currently, he is the Head of Silk Road at METRANS Headquarters in Prague.
Miłosz Witkowski has been working in the industry for more than 13 years. He started his journey at CMA-CGM and worked in several forwarding companies after that. For more than 5 years he has devoted himself to his second love: rail. Currently, Miłosz is working as Rail Freight Director at the Polish Forwarding Company, where he manages all processes concerning the New Silk Road.
Monika Olejniczak has been working as a Director Sales at DB Cargo Eurasia since October 2021, but started her career with the company in 2015, providing her with 8 years of experience at the company that lends its name to the New Silk Road per se. Her logistics career goes back much further; she started as a logistics professional with LUG Light Factory in 2007.
Your vote for the RailFreight Ambassador is not just a gesture. This person will be in the spotlight for a full year, on stage at this year’s and next year’s event and do various interviews for our online publications. Do you think you know who deserves this honour? You can now give your vote for the RailFreight Ambassador 2023.
The European Silk Road Summit is held from 29 November till 1 December in Budapest. After an opening session about the current volumes on the main route and Middle Corridor, we will dive deeper into these routes and the developments made. In the afternoon, we will talk about the CEE region, the role of Hungary, Italy and the BRI and geopolitics on the New Silk Road. We conclude with the election of a new RailFreight Ambassador.
Programme of #ESRS2023 is complete: Meet our speakers
– 3 November 2023 – The programme of the European Silk Road Summit in Budapest is complete! With 23 speakers from all over the world, the 7th edition of this industry event is set to become a success. The European Silk Road Summit, which is taking place from 29 November to 1 December in Budapest,… Read more ›
Deli Andor, Member of the European Parliament to speak at #ESRS2023
– 23 October 2023 – With just over a month to go until the European Silk Road Summit will be held in Budapest, Hungary, the list of knowledgeable speakers is growing fast. Deli Andor, who is a Member of the European Parliament, Dmitrij Hasenkampf from RTSB, Rashad Majidov from ADY Container and Zoltan Kozlovszky from… Read more ›
Just a few days left to nominate your RailFreight Ambassador 2023
– 5 October 2023 – Are you a proud believer in rail transport between Europe and China? Have you recently added value to the New Silk Road, or have you been there since the very beginning? Are you considered a bridgebuilder within the rail freight community? Then, you may be the next RailFreight Ambassador. At… Read more ›